Core Course Curriculum: Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): Mechanisms/Epidemiology9:00 AM » 10:30 AM
Location: 801 North Broadway, Room 202
Beth S. Slomine, Ph.D., ABPP – Co-Director, Center for Brain Injury Recovery, Director, Training and Neuropsychological Rehabilitation Services
Kristy Chao, MS, CCC-SLP, CBIS – Senior Speech-Language Pathology
Elizabeth Cater, MPH, OTR/L, CPST, CBIS – Manager, Occupational Therapy
At the end of this presentation participants will know and understand:
- The most common cause of morbidity and mortality in children.
- That the type of injury received with trauma, and the associated disability profiles, are unique.
- That cognitive and behavioral deficits are the most problematic long-term issues.
- That prior development changes the impairments which are manifest after injury, and that this modifies the therapeutic approach.
- A trans-disciplinary and interdisciplinary approach to rehabilitation.