Core Course Curriculum: Family Centered Care Series: Issues for Families: Focus on Siblings9:00 AM » 10:30 AM
Location: 801 North Broadway, Room 202
Audrey Leviton, LCSW-C – Executive Director, PACT: Helping Children with Special Needs, Assistant Vice President, KKI
This presentation will:
- Sensitize participants to the effects of living with a brother or sister with a disability.
- Help participants understand the effects on: family relationships’, relationships with peers, and shaping the personality and career decisions of the sibling.
- Help participants gain a greater understanding of the range of emotions faced by siblings, such as resentment, worry, anger, and sadness.
- Help participants learn coping strategies for siblings that they can share with families.
- Provide suggested readings and videos on sibling issues that trainees can share with families.
- Help professionals learn ways that they can be more responsive to the needs of sibling.